Digital Resilience Bonus (DRB)
What is DRB?
Digital Resilience Bonus (DRB) was announced by Deputy Prime Minister Heng Swee Keat on 26 May as part of the Fortitude Budget. For a start, the DRB will target two sectors (Food Services and Retails) that are the most affected by COVID-19. This will help businesses to be more resilient and adapt to new post-COVID norms. The DRB is given on top of enhanced digitalisation assistance provided under the SMEs Go DIgital programme.
What are the Eligibility Criteria?
The DRB is separated into 3 different categories, each of the different categories has different eligibility criteria. Besides
looking at the categories' criteria, there is a mandatory baseline for businesses to fulfil.
Does your UEN fall under the Food Services or Retail sectors?
Does your UEN incorporated on or before 26 May 2020?
Does your UEN have an active PayNow Corporate Account?
Does your UEN on the Peppol E-invoicing Network?
If your answer is 'Yes' to all the above, you can proceed to assess your eligibility for category 1, 2 or 3
Category 1 - Business Process Solutions ($2,500 payout)
Food Services: Retail:
1. Accounting 1. Accounting
2. HR/Payroll 2. HR/Payroll
3. Digital Ordering (Dine-in / Takeaway) 3. Inventory Management
If your business using all the 3 qualified solutions at least once a month, you are eligible for$2,500 payout.
Category 2 - Digital Presence ($2,500 payout)
Food Services: Retail:
• Online food delivery • e-Commerce
(via food delivery platforms or own
If your business using a qualified solution to enable sales via online shopfront, online food delivery or making purchase on
e-Procurement platform at least once a month. You are eligible for a $2,500 payout.
Category 3 - Data Mining and Analytics ($5,000 payout)
Is your enterprise using a qualified solution for Data Mining and Analytics to obtain insights on how to improve your
operations at least once a month? If your answer is "Yes", you are eligible for a $5,000 payout.
Why you need to adopt the digital solutions?
As the nation exit from the Circuit Breaker and the economy gradually reopen in phases, safe management efforts are expected to remain in place for a considerable of a period of time. A new normal is likely to emerge globally, where buying online, ordering food delivery, interacting virtually and working from home will be a new way of working and living.
If your business is in the Food Services or Retail sector， the following digital solutions will help you to adapt and thrive in this new normal:
• enable your business to carry out cashless and paperless transaction
• reduce the need for physical interactions between buyer and supplier (being paid faster)
Accounting and HR / Payroll Solutions
• enable your business to be more efficient
• support remote working
• business continuity
Digital Ordering for Dining In and Takeaway
• enable your patrons to place their own order and make payment digitally.
• patrons' orders sent to the kitchen immediately for food preparation
• improve efficiency and accuracy
• enables automatic synchronisation between inventory movement and orders, sales and deliveries
• avoid over-stocking
• eradicate the need for manual stock-taking
e-Commerce, e-Procurement and Food Delivery Platforms
• enable business to have better engagement with existing customer
• allow business to expand their market reach beyond physical shopfronts.
Data Mining and Analytics
• enable business to optimise business outcomes through analysing consolidated data from multiple sources in an
- maximise conversion
- optimise product mix
- reduce wastage
How do business apply for the DRB?
There is no need for business's owner to submit any application form.
Providers of Qualified Solutions (or Supporting Banks) will submit your UEN to IMDA if you are using the solution between 1 June 2020 and 30 June 2021.
IMDA will credit the Bonus into your PayNow Corporate account according to the categories of digital solutions you use.
When will enterprise receive the payout?
Payouts to qualified enterprises will start from August 2020
Processing time will take about 1 month, upon the submission of UENs by Providers of Qualified Solutions (or Supporting Banks) to IMDA.